Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Headaches - Perspective

Instead of me writing about DCAT, check out Greg's blog (http://www.gregrohlinger.com/), he does a great job summarizing the conference. I was looking at my notes, and boy are they scattered!

Since I fell and hit my head (OK smashed my head) against the front door in the condo in Hawaii I have had multiple symptoms like a concussion. I finally went to the Dr. this morning. They're going to run a CT Scan, but we have a good idea of what the results will be.

Because I have had concussions before, the Dr. said that it doesn't take much of a blow to the head to set off symptoms. The headaches and other symptoms could last anywhere from another week to a few months. Not what I wanted to hear! It's really depressing to think that I may have to endure these added challenges for some time. Sometimes life is hard enough.

Honestly, I wasn't happy with God after my Dr. appointment! Just what I need, more physical challenges. No, my faith hasn't weakened, and I trust that He has a purpose in this, but right now that's hard to see, and a little hard to deal with. Truly, His grace is sufficient for me, and I have no doubt that He loves me, but I am human, and have human emotions. I hate headaches, and the foginess (and dizzyness if I move to quick) and inability to focus (beyond normal, and the increased sleepiness (beyond normal), and nausea is frustrating! Especially, since I am in a busy season right now. As usual (and more so), I will be trusting God to get me through each day.

Amazingly, I have gotten a ton done so far this week and the kickoff of the New Believer Growth Group went well. It certainly isn't stopping me, but it is slowing me a bit. Prayers are much appreciated!

When I got back to the office after seeing the Dr., I had a voicemail that a young teen we had been praying for had died of the cancer he was fighting. Boy, does that put things in perspective! Things can always be worse!

This young man had such a great spirit. I had the privilege of baptizing he and his mom not too long ago. The family asked about getting some New Believer Bibles to hand out to those who come to the memorial. How cool is that! What a powerful testimony he had, and his legacy will be in putting God's Word, the Words of Life into the hands of many who don't know Him!

Headache?! Who cares! "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home