Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday in Review

It may sound redundant, but I'll say it anyway, what an AWESOME day! I'm sure it can get better, but it hardly seems possible. So many lives are being changed, and the excitement level around PVC is so charged up that it's obvious that God is doing huge things in the hearts of many who call PVC home, and those He is bringing. We have felt that God was about to do something big, and if this isn't it, then hold on to your hat for when He does! Here's some highlights of the day/weekend:

- Adam rocked "Move Along"! Okay, honestly, I had to ask him to explain it to me - Oh, I get it!
- Derrick was really funny introducing "Oh, Happy Day"! - Oh, that version!
- Some of the best messages are simple! Greg did a great job explaining Bible study, journaling, and the SOAP method (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer).
- Twelve people came to the Fresh Start Class. There were some powerful ministry moments after the class. God is really challenging some of these new believers, and some are facing some huge battles!
- We had crowds at the Fresh Start Table after some of the services. Pray that the Lord brings workers to the harvest! It was really cool to talk to one couple who gave their lives to Christ for the first time, together during service!
- If I haven't said it before, the stage looks awesome!!! Thanks to Derrick and his team for all their hard work!
- I miss Caleb! That sounds random, but he went back to school this week and barely stopped by for lunch today before heading back to school. Just having him around is a blessing. I'm so proud of my boys!
- Greg seemed over-dressed for PVC :-). It must have been winter attire (For somewhere)!
- I still saw lines for Bibles and journals! WOW! We've sold over 600 Bibles. People are so excited about reading Scripture together! Many of the new believers are on the journey to, that's so cool!
- J.T. rocks! I thank him a lot, but never enough for all that he does. He leads our set-up and tear-down of the check-in stations and helps with putting up and taking down banners, and helps with the big stuff in elementary (He has the gift of strength). Today during tear-down he looked really winded. He said he had been walking fast to get in a workout while he was serving! I think he's one of God's "mighty men" that it talks about in the O.T.! Thanks J.T.!!!
- I can't wait for next week!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home