Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why I Journal

I have always wanted to journal, but have never disciplined myself to do it consistently. The Route 66 Journey we are on at Palm Valley Church has helped me with that. When we began reading the One Year Bible, I also committed to journaling. I'm so glad that I did!

As I look and listen for God to speak to me every day, I need to write down what He says! He is God, and I have a terrible memory. His conversations with me are the most important of my day, and I need to be able to reflect on what He has said to me, and refer to it.

If taking notes in meetings is important, how much more important is it to take notes when you sit at the feet of God Almighty!

I have already been reviewing some of the things God is teaching me and it is so great! I understand Him more and I remember more because I have taken notes and am reviewing them. Forever a student of the Master, I want to be mentored every day by Him and journaling helps me to be a better servant of His teaching.

I began using the SOAP method which is very simple. You can learn about it at www.pvcroute66.com . Check it out! If you've never tried it, I challenge you to try it for three weeks and see if God doesn't bless you through it. The Israelite kings had to write the law for themselves and study from their writings. What a great example!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home