Monday, January 21, 2008

Off to Hawaii

It might seem a little odd, but Paige and I are going to Hawaii next week, and that's no the part that I'm most excited about!

For years, I've attended Pastor's conferences and seminars only to come home and try to convey to Paige what I had learned and how I was impacted. This will be the first time in a long while that she will be attending with me and I am so excited! I can't wait for her to share in the experience with me.

True, the conference is in Hawaii, and I am sure that we will have a great time. I am not downplaying how much I am looking forward to going to Oahu with Paige, but I am so excited about her going to the conference with my, it wouldn't matter where we were going, even if it were across town. The conference is being let by Wayne Cordeiro, author of the "Divine Mentor." If you haven't read this book, I strongly recommend it.

Most of our staff and their spouses are going, as are several of our legal trustees. It will be a significant event in the life of our church and I am glad that we are sharing it with those who support us and partner with us most.

While we are there, there are a few things we hope to do. We want to see Pearl Harbor and the Arizona. We want to go whale watching. We also want to go snorkeling. We aren't strong swimmers, but we had so much fun when we went to Kona several years ago we are looking forward to doing it again. We also want to take some time to simply relax!

I'll blog about the conference when we return. Please pray that God "disturbs" us and challenges us to new depths in spiritual growth, and new heights in ministry. We're going from Sunday night to Saturday morning. I can't wait!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home