Sunday, February 03, 2008

Hawaii - Part 2

I'll post about the conference itself in another post (or a few), but I wanted to share about the rest of the trip itself.

After my last post on Wednesday, we were headed over for the opening session of the conference when I fell down the last few stairs in the condo we stayed in and my head tried to open the door. Front doors don't open outward, which would have been really helpful. To make a long story short, I'll have to look at my notes because I have no idea what happened Wednesday night! I still have a headache and a little brain fog, so if it's still there tomorrow I will go to see the Dr. (It wouldn't be my first concussion, and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't my last).

The conference was amazing and challenging (more later). The site was beautiful. After dinner Thursday, Paige and I took a walk along the shoreline looking at the critters in the tide pools and watched a beautiful sunset (I think sunsets in AZ are better, but this one was nice). The place wasn't as important as the person I was with! After 24 years of marriage, I love Paige more and more every day!!! She is my best friend and we had such a great week together. I am so grateful that she was able to go to this conference with me. It was cool to see her taking notes on what God was teaching her too.

The passages in the Bible reading this week were so fun! God is so great!

Friday night we got to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise in Waikiki. It was so cool! If you know me, you know I love a good burger. The juice was running down my arm! That's a good burger! We picked up some t-shirts for the boys (and us) and headed to the airport for a midnight flight.

What should have been a 51/2 hour flight took 11 hours! After about an hour of flight time we had to return to Hawaii because of a medical emergency on the plain. It was a God thing that we were on the flight. Adrienne (who is a nurse) was called into action. Greg was able to spend some time with a hurting family and pray with them. The rest of the staff (those who were awake) were all praying (individually and as couples). We finally landed in Phoenix at 1:40 AZ time.

No sleep and a lot going on, but Greg's messege was powerful! I know of at least 4 first time decisions this weekend! What a great way to finish off the week. Oh yah, the Giants shocked everyone (except Brent) by beating the Patriots.

I hope to get some good sleep tonight. It's going to be a crazy busy week, but that's a good thing because it's all kingdom stuff and lives are being changed because of it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home