Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Two Minute Tuesday - Preference VS Purpose

Our purpose is very clear - To love God, and love others. The way we accomplish that, or live that out often is governed by our preferences. Some prefer to worship to a particular style of music, or to attend a service with a particular style. Over time, churches tend to develop a particular style. Just like people, churches develop personalities. The down side is that after some time has passed, it is often difficult to make necessary changes to reach a changing culture, or paradigm. The upside is comfort and stability.

One constant here at Palm Valley Church is change. Not change for change sake (though some may think that is the case), but change to make sure that we are doing everything we can to fulfill our purpose. Our Ministry to New Believers is no different. God has been speaking to me a lot lately about how we encourage new believers to take the next step in their spiritual journey. Shortly after the first of the year, I'll blog specifically about the journey and the changes that are coming. Right now, I'm asking you to pray for me. Over the past couple of months, God has been "disturbing" me, and challenging even some core methodologies that I was discipled with years ago. It's beginning to come together and I can't wait to see the finished product. I believe that it will shake things up, but that's a good thing! Stay tuned!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home