Friday, December 14, 2007

Guess Who's Coming for Christmas?!

I love Christmas. I love nearly everything about it. I mostly enjoy hanging out with family I don't always get a chance to see. This Christmas I'm going to get a lot of that :-)!

We typically alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas between the two families. This year is with Paige's side of the family, or at least that's what we were planning until...

Tonight was my niece Amanda's graduation! We are so proud of her. My sister and her husband are in town for the event and decided to take a golf vacation and stay until Christmas.

Of course my mom was coming over for the graduation, so we got her to stay for a few weeks, including Christmas.

When my oldest sister found out my sister from Texas was coming, she and her oldest daughter decided to come too.

Then my little sister called and said since everyone was coming, her family would be coming too.

Since most of the family was coming, I called my other sister and my brother to see if they could come too. Unfortunately, neither could, but there will be four of the six of us together for Christmas. That's pretty rare and I will take full advantage of the opportunity.

I know this threw a curve ball to Paige's family (Sorry!), but I can't pass up this opportunity to spend with my family. I can't wait to share what we are doing for everyone for Christmas!

So, along with Paige's family, and now mine, we're having over thirty people at the house for Christmas dinner. Eleven will be staying here.

My favorite Christmas tradition is getting up early to open presents. Before we start we read the Christmas story from Luke 2 in the Bible. We've done this since the boys were in pre-school. It gets us started right, focusing on Jesus - the reason for the season! What's your favorite tradition?

I can't wait!!! :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home