Monday, November 26, 2007

From Darkness to Light

The past couple of months have been tough! A "side effect" of some of the physical things that I deal with is chemical depression. It occurs every so often, and fortunately doesn't last too long. I have been dealing with it for the past couple of months.

There are only a couple of medications that I can take because of other medications that I am on. The medications that I can take, I really can't, because they shut me down. When I am on them, I can't function. That's no way to run a railroad! So, for the past couple of months I have endured, and survived, by the grace of God.

I am finally emerging from the darkness into the light and the difference is so amazing!

If you have never dealt with depression, it's hard to understand the cloud of darkness that consumes you. For those who face it chronically, my prayers are with you and my heart goes out to you!

As I was praying this morning, this verse came to mind. Thank you God for releasing me, and giving me light!

1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home