Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sick and Tired!

The saying, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired" really applies today! I've been sick since last friday with an upper respiratory infection. It started as a sore throat, just some sinus drainage, or so I thought. By Sunday my throat was killing me and teaching the Fresh Start Class was really painfull. It was a great class though, and I'm glad God got me through it. It is such a blessing to see new believers who are eager to grow in their faith! Sunday night we had the Fresh Start Team over for dinner and some equipping. I'll post about something significant that happened :-). Monday I couldn't function. The only relief I could get was from taking some codein based caugh syrup. That stuff knocks me out (which is what I needed). Tuesday I was back at it, but not feeling well. I saw the Dr. in the morning and he put me on some horse pills that are just now starting to take effect. I still don't have a voice, but am beginning to feel human today. Usually when I am sick it is a one or two day thing. This has lasted far too long!

The thing that bothers me most about being sick like this is the pain that coughing causes. Because of the muscle disorder, every cough is like getting punched in the ribs. After a couple of days, I feel like I've gone a few rounds with a fighter. The fatigue factor because of the pain is tough, but God is good!

Yesterday I took a day for focused prayer and study. Even though I wasn't feeling well I wasn't about to miss this day to spend alone with God! It was still a great day. The last time I had a prayer day I ended with more questions than answers. This time I began getting some answers. I love hanging out with God and can't wait for the day that I can do it full time. As I wrote that I could hear myself saying that I can spend all day every day with Him now. This is true, but I'm talking about eternity apart from this world. I do however, need to focus more on Him in the small moments of the day.

I know this is random, blame it on the meds, but I wanted to get my brain going and these thoughts were there. Sometimes, you gotta go with the flow!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home