Monday, June 11, 2007

We All Need Mentors!

It couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I got a call from one of my mentors who was coming into town. We got to spend last night and most of today with Dennis and Joy, two of the most cherished people in my life besides my immediate family.

Dennis and I have talked through a great many things together. He taught me about pastoral care and hospital visitation. I got to see him endure victoriously the battle with cancer. I was witness many times as he lovingly cared for hurting people (sometimes it was me).

Dennis and I had a brief opportunity to serve in ministry together and enjoyed every minute of it. We wrote small group materials together and we such a great team working through passages.

God knew that I needed to spend time with Dennis, and brought him to me. We were able to talk through some really tough stuff that I have been struggling with. As always, he helped me see things from a different perspective and helped me to figure out the right questions that I need to be asking God.

I think that we all need mentors in life. Believers who are more mature than we are. We need people who have been in the battle of life and faith longer than we have. I am so thankful for people like Jim, Ben, Marty, Glen, and Dennis. These are men who God has used to teach me and to lead me not only in ministry, but in life. Praise God for mentors! I pray that one day I will be listed on someone else's list of those who impacted their life as these have impacted mine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home