Tuesday, June 05, 2007

24 - Proverbs - 2

Proverbs 3:9 - Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.

Applying this verse to my life has been a journey. Honoring God with my wealth was at one time, extremely difficult. I have grown hugely in that area.

In terms of honoring Him with the best of everything I produce is something that I hadn't thought of very much. What do I produce? In my years in the business world I was involved in the production of a variety of things. I have no idea how God could have used some the things that I produced.

I think that this verse speaks more to what 1 Peter 4:11 says, "Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

We "produce" more than just objects. We produce words, helps, and other things in accordance with the gifts that God gives us. Whenever we use our gifts to the maximum that God's strength enables us to, that beings honor and glory to His name. It's strange to think of speaking as something that we produce, but it is something that we do. Doing my best in all that I do will honor God! What do you do that honor's God?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home