Monday, June 04, 2007

24-Proverbs-1

This week we started the 24 series. The trailers have been great. Michael and his team have done an outstanding job!

We all received a pocket-sized booklet with 24 proverbs in it to meditate on throughout each day. Morning, noon, evening, and night we are to re-focus our attention on god. Here's the first day:

Proverbs 3:5-6
3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Initial thought:
How often do I "depend on my own understanding"? I am pretty good at relying on God for direction, but in my daily life, I tend to go it alone for the most part. Reliance seems like weekness to me. He has given me skills and abilities and knowledge, and I think He expects me to use them for His glory. In that, how do I rely on Him throughout the day? That is something I need to wrestle with. My prayer today is that God would show me how that works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home