Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

The pool is open! It was great to have Paige's family over today to swim and BBQ. This afternoon I got a really great nap. Tonight I got to watch the Ducks beat the Senators in game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I also got to go on a walk with the love of my life! Today I also got to enjoy God's Word.

I got to do all of this because of the many who sacrificed their lives for my sake. I got to do this because of the many who serve around the world today to defend that freedom for me, and for others.

I could it as one of the blessings that God has given me that I was born here in the United States of America. There are many times that it doesn't feel very united, but when soldiers stand shoulder to shoulder, I'm sure that all that matters is the flag on their shoulder.

I think that's how the church should be too. We have different views on a lot of things, but when it comes to reaching people for Christ and standing against Satan, the only thing that matters is the Cross that has touched our hearts!

Today we need to take time to remember the sacrifice many have made on our behalf, especially the greatest sacrifice of all, Jesus's death on the cross to bear the burden of our sins.

"Greater love has no man than he who lays down his life for a friend."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home