Sunday, October 08, 2006

What a Weekend!

Weekends are always crazy at our house. Here's some highlights.

Church:
Service was fantastic. Kids sang, a bunch of guys made "noise" with cans, jugs, and other stuff, and Greg was pumped. I'm not a Raiders fan, but preaching in a throwback Stabler jersey was cool. Here's a question from the message: Which way did the walls of Jericho fall? (answer at the bottom of the post.) Greg challenged everyone to invite four people to church this week that aren't already Christians. If we all do this, next week will be amazing. I trust God will do big things.

It was great to see several people that I have recently visited in the hospital doing well and at church today. That was real encouraging. It's so cool to see God working in people's lives!

Home:
Caleb came home for the weekend as usual, but this time he brought a cold with him. No fun!
I got a call in the middle of the night Friday (or should I say Saturday). No parent ever wants a call in the middle of the night, especially when my entire family was out somewhere. Fortunately, Josh had simply forgotten his keys. After being glad he is OK, we woke me up from a really deep sleep. It's been a while since I have been awakened by one of the boys during the night, and I don't miss it!
Paige is home and she had a great time. I survived!
High pain level for me today. I even had to make a run for extra pain meds this morning. Not fun, but it was such a great morning I'm glad I was able to tough through it.

Sports:
Leinart played well, but they can't win until they get an o-line! Raiders got beat (no surprise here, but this was a week I thought they might have a chance), Schumaker blew an engine in F1 and with it most likely his chances for another title, Brian Vickers won his first Nascar race by taking out the 1st two cars (Jr. and Johnson - his team mate!)- nice job :-( !

The week ahead:
- Invite four people to church (see above).
- Get the week's work done by Wednesday
- Leave early Thursday for San Diego with Paige (I can't wait). We'll be gone until Monday night. The boys will be home (not sure if that's a good thing!). It's great that they're at an age that we can just take off!

The answer to the question: Down! Ya, I know. Greg got me earlier in the week in the office. I was studying something when he walked by and threw this out. Since I was in study mode my brain automatically went to the historical, when the simple answer was correct. It just goes to show that its easy to overthink and complicate things sometimes when the simple answer is often the right answer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home