Thursday, October 05, 2006

What I want

In Perry Noble's blog today he challenged everyone to make a list of what htey want and how revealing that list is. Here's a few quick things that came to mind:

#1 I want to more fully surrender my life to God. Every day I want to live for Him more and for myself less.

#2 I want to show Paige how much I love her and for her to know every day that she is the most important thing (yes I know she's a person, but I think you get the idea) to me second only to God.

#3 I want to be a better pastor. Somtimes I feel llike I am learning all over again what it means to be a minister. I have had to unlearn some things about leadership and learn new things about caring for people.

#4 I want Joshua and Caleb to know how much I love them and would do anything for them. As they progress further into adulthood, our relationship dynamic is changing. I want them to know how very proud I am of each of them and that I will always support them any way that I can.

#5 I want to get started building our new house! It seems like we have been working on the financing forever. I am trying to be patient and wait for God's timing, but it's hard! It was really cool yesterday though, I thought of a couple of cool ways that we can use the house for God's kingdom that I hadn't thought of before (I'll talk about those things sometime in the future).

#6 I want a Ferrari! I know it's very unlikely that I will ever get to drive one, let alone own one, and it's not very spiritual, but it would sure be fun!

What do you want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home