Monday, October 16, 2006

Home

We're back! Paige & I just got back from a few days of R&R in San Diego. We stayed at a really nice hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter (a revitalized area of downdown) which was really cool. We had a great time together and saw a lot of neet stuff. We even toured the Midway which is an aircraft carrier.

Sunday we visited a large church in the area. While it was big and they do a lot of cool stuff, I have to say that it really made me appreciate Palm Valley Church! One thing that amazed me was a conversation I had with their leader of the prayer room (for new believers, re-commitments, and those needing prayer). I asked him what they did for new believers and he looked at me with a quizative look and said, "oh, we don't get many of those. I gues we go through some verses with them or something." This coupled with some things from the service (like: no one ever shared the gospel or gave people an opportunity to accept Christ), gave me the feeling that their focus was on the believer only (not even guests, though they did mention that visitors didn't need to give inthe offering). That said, the message was great and I made some notes to study more.

The rest and time away was much needed for both of us and I am recharged (though tired from the trip home) and ready to dive in (I have a meeting at 8:30 that I need to prep for early in the morning).

We stopped by Julian (a small down known for it's apples - tourist trap) on the way home and ran into a couple we went to college with. It's such a small world! He is the teaching pastor of a church in which God is doing amazing things (as if anything God does isn't amazing!). His church of 150 merged with a church of 50 and now they're running 400. Do the math! That's God math!

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home