Tuesday, October 10, 2006

God's plans are best!

After two days of elevated pain I was beginning to wonder if this would be a trend for a while. Graciously God allowed me to wake up today to relatively minor pain. I felt good and strong. Since it will be a short week I was looking forward to getting a lot done today.

When I got to the office I received a message that the father of someone in the church had died. Those calls are never fun. After talking with the family I made plans to visit them (Dave went with me).

I went out to the car (the Buick) and guess what? A dead battery! Fortunately Paige is on break and was able to bring me the Tahoe.

We went on the visit. Praise God he was a man who had a relationship with Christ.

When we got back I started working on the car. It's up and running.

It is now 12:30 and I am just starting to work on what I had planned.

In my devotions earlier this morning I was reading about Caleb asking to go take some land. He was 85 and ready for battle. I thank God that He strenghened me today for the battles He knew I would have. It would have been a lot harder if I were in a lot of pain. God's plans are always best. He knows what we need even before we ask (but He likes for us to ask).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home