Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good, Bad, & Ugly!

The Good:
My niece Christy is getting married this weekend in Texas! Wish I could be there, but I am excited for her.

The Bad:
One of my sisters had some tests yesterday, I hope and pray that they come back negative!

I've had, and continue to have, several Dr. visits right now. The results are that my cholesterol and blood sugar have shot up, so I am on yet another medication, and making some changes in what I eat to get those numbers back line.

Apparently the disc at L5 in my lower back has gotten much worse and is pinching nerves. The pain levels in my back and legs have increased dramatically. The epidurals didn't last long! I am beginning some tests (another MRI among other things - I hate being in that little tube, and I don't care for the open ones much either) and first steps of treatment (fortunately there are a couple things to try before surgery). I was glad to hear that many things are connected, so if we get that fixed, several problems will go away.

The tremors in my hands are worse. So much so that I can barely write (thank God for computers). Hopefully a medicine change will get that back under control.

The Ugly:
I don't look good in shorts right now (like I ever did) because of the nerve damage in my legs. It has cause the hair to fall out, but only in specific areas related to the nerves that are pinched. It is really weird! I am also seeing the Dermatologist today to take care of what she called, "the barnacles of life". So I'll have some healing to do from that.

Saving the Best for Last:
God is so good! I praise him every day and am thankful that I am able to get out of bed. He must still have things for me to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home