Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Job

Have you ever felt like Job? What about Peter?

In Job's case, Satan was convinced that the only reason he worshipped God was because God was blessing Him, so God let Satan test his theory. Job went through all kinds of stuff. I love it when his "friend" comes and says, "curse God and die!"

Jesus told Peter that Satan would, "sift you like wheat" to prove that his faith wasn't genuine.

I have to admit that sometimes I feel like these guys. In the past few weeks I have been waiting for one of my friends to tell me to curse God and die. Since that hasn't happened, I'm thinking that things aren't as bad as I think they are, and that I'm not under attack to that extreme.

Things certainly haven't been easy, but I know whom I have believed in, and know that he is able, and proves faithful, and powerful enough to accomplish his purposes.

When I really compare what Job and Peter went through, I know that I haven't faced anything that compares (praise God for that!). But still, in my world, sometimes the challenges seem overwhelming. The best thing about it is that I know that God loves me, and cares for me, and won't let anything happen to me that doesn't fit into his plan.

One thing that God has been impressing upon me lately is that I need to more fully trust him, and rely on his power. I need to give him complete control and live in expectation of what he has yet to accomplish in my life. God is great, and Philippians 1:6 reminds me that he is still at work in my life.

So, when I start to feel like Job, or like Peter, he reminds me that my life is nothing like theirs, and I praise him for that!

Just some random thoughts today!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home