Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Two Minute Tuesday

How are you doing on your Route 66 daily reading? If you are behind, either make it a priority and catch up, or skip to today's reading and get going! It is so important to be in God's Word every day. How can you lead others toward Christ if you aren't drawing closer to Him yourself?

If we are going to "Lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ", don't we need to be fully devoted to Him ourselves? Doesn't being fully devoted to Him include spending time with Him, learning more about Him, and becoming more like Him?

I encourage you to spend time every day with God through His Word. I also want to encourage you to start journaling. We are using the SOAP method and it makes journaling so easy!

I made a commitment to start journaling at the beginning of the year when we started the Route 66 focus. I have never been one to journal, but I have come to love it. I love writing down what God is speaking to me through His Word and the Holy Spirit. I will be honest and say that I have missed a day or two hear and there, weekends are tough for me! But, I pick it right back up and don't let myself feel guilty for what I have missed, I just press on to become more consistent.

I challeng you to get into God's Word, expect to hear from Him every day, and journal what He is teaching you so that you can look back and reflect on it and celebrate!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home