Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Raining New Believers!

I got curious. Since Easter, the decisions to accept Christ, re-dedicate lives, and people coming to the Fresh Start table has been off the hook! I ran a report this morning because I was curious to see how many people have made some sort of decision for Christ since Easter (total of 3 weeks). I took out duplicates and those who were just letting us know that they were believers (You'd be surprised at how many I get of those and from those who were just confused when they filled out their card).

The total?

In three weeks we have had 163 decisions! Take a moment to let that sink in.

I have cauliflower ear from talking on the phone so much!

Of those, 68 came to the Fresh Start table. That's an average of 23 people at the Fresh Start table on a weekend! That's people who aren't just saying that they made a decision. These are people saying that they made a decision and that they want to take the next step in their journey!
It wasn't long ago that our average was 4 and I was so excited to see that it had grown to 7!

We had 22 in the Fresh Start Class last weekend, the most ever!

There are 21 people signed up for the New Believer Growth Group! We had to multiply the group, and we are having two groups meeting on two nights of the week. The hosts, Mark and Debbie are going to lead both groups (I don't know who is more excited, me or them!)!

We have 46 people signed up to be baptized, but we just started announcing the date, and I just sent out about 200 letters inviting people to sign up for it.

I know it's a goofy term, but I really am giddy with excitement about all that God is doing here at Palm Valley Church! The fact that I get to be involved in this process is so humbling. The responsibility is as great as the opportunity to touch lives for the kingdom.

Perhaps even better, everyone who attended the last New Believer Growth Group is connected and serving! That means that the process is working. We are able to move people from decision to disciple and have a true impact in their lives. They aren't just going to classes, or joining groups, they are connecting with Christ and others. They are learning to feed themselves and others spiritually.

I am in awe at what the Lord is doing in our midst! I pray that it continues. I pray that we do it better so that we connect more people. I pray that God would send more people to participate in the process and help these people connect. I pray for strength and endurance, and I pray that the Lord will keep the evil one away so that these children of God can grow to maturity.

Praise God!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home