Saturday, March 15, 2008

Holy Moment

There are moments in life when God shows you what He's been up to. He shows you that is has been working through you and others around you. Today I got to see how He has been working through the people at Palm Valley Church. Today we had a pre-Easter carnival which included rides, free food, bounce houses, and 30,000 Easter eggs with several thousand being dropped from a helicopter (I'll post pics as soon as I get them). It was very cool that I got to be in the helicopter dropping the eggs!

It was really fun riding in the helicopter, but that wasn't the holy moment. It was a beautiful day, and the view was spectacular, but that wasn't it either. We were able to fly over the church property and that was really cool, but that wasn't it either.

We were dropping the eggs on the football field at the high school where we meet. Our plan was to have all of the people in the bleachers during the drop, then come onto the field to collect eggs. As we approached the field in the helicopter I could see people in the stands on the other side of the field. I figured that it was probably too hard to get the people to go to the one side, so they decided to let them sit on either side.

When we swung around and started across the field I could see why there were people on the other side. The stands were nearly full on both sides, and people were standing along the fence. WOW! Such a holy moment to realize that God had brought all of those people, more than I had imagined would be there. It was such a special moment to see the hand of God in action.

I found out later that over 260 families who came didn't attend PVC! What a God thing! That was our purpose for the event. We wanted to introduce people to PVC, invite them to Easter services, and show them that church could be fun. We also wanted to show them that PVC really did care about them and their children.

The people came because people from Palm Valley invited them! In just the little that I was there, I met several people who were with the PVC'ers who brought them. That was really cool!

By the way, Adrienne rocks! I don't know many people who work as hard as she does! In addition to all of the other ministry she does, she led this event. It was outstanding! Once I was on the ground and back to the campus, I heard so many people commenting about how great it was and how much fun they were having. Thanks Adrienne!

Anyway, praise God! I can't wait to see what He does on Easter (as if He hasn't done enough already!)!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home