Wednesday, April 23, 2008

85 and Counting!

I can't wait! So far, we have 85 people signed up to get baptized this weekend, and I am sure that number will go higher. We have eight people from one family getting baptized! God is so good. I am so excited that I get to be there to witness this.

Baptizing is one of the greatest blessings a pastor can have. This time, however, I will mostly be on the sidelines. I am sad and excited about that at the same time. It may sound odd, but I have chosen not to be in the water baptizing because of my health. For that I am sad. But I am excited that our newest Pastor Dennis will take my place and be in the water with Pastor Greg baptizing people. I am excited that Dennis will get to enjoy this blessing. He has a great heart and loves people. This will be a special time for him I am sure, and I will enjoy watching that.

As for me, I'll have plenty to do with odds and ends and supporting the Fresh Start table. This is a team effort and it is a huge step in the faith journey of those getting baptized. I hope and pray that our entire church is blessed by this weekend. Everyone has contributed to the growth of these people.

Think about it. Someone invited them. They came and were welcomed. They had a great worship experience and heard the Word of God. They accepted Christ. Our New Believer ministry helped them grow. Our Home Teams help them continue their journey. All the while, their children and youth were being cared for and were learning to love God for themselves. Our office, communications, and tech teams have made resources available to them. Our set-up and tear-down teams created an environment where they could hear the voice of God. Our care teams and other volunteers met their needs and cared for them, as well as equipped them for service. All in all, we all loved them, regardless of their past, their struggles, their appearance, or their means, we all loved them with the love of the Lord. Now they are seeing the fruits of their labors, over 85 getting baptized!

Praise be to the one true, gracious, holy, and loving God!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4/23/2008 12:15 PM , Blogger david c welker said...

Found your blog searching "Matt Redman". God bless you and your church!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home