Monday, February 25, 2008

17 Hour Day - Priceless!

Yesterday was a really long day! 17 hours! Now that's a long Sunday! My body hurt so bad at one point I used some ice from an ice chest and went and hid for a few minutes to ice down my back. There was virtually no down time. I didn't get my afternoon nap (oh, so important). Paige brought my pain meds in the nick of time. Today it took me an hour and a half to deal with the pain enough to get out of bed so that I could take some meds. I still can hardly move. You know what? I would do it again in a heart beat!!! Here's why:

- 15 people made commitments or re-commitments for Christ this weekend
- At least 3 1st time decisions for Christ
- 450 volunteers at our Volunteer Appreciation Event (I wish they were all there!)
- Volunteers who served at the volunteer appreciation event (especially Gary and Val!)
- A staff who have the heart of service

I could go on and on, but the point is, there are a lot of amazing people at Palm Valley Church who love God and serve Him gladly! I am so privileged to get to serve along side them. That's why I would gladly do another 17 hour day, and face up to my physical struggles just to tell them thank you, because they so deserve it! I was glad to see nearly everyone whom I directly serve with at the event. I am so appreciative of the time they give back to God. Some of our volunteers serve with much more pain and more hardship than I can imagine. That is such an encouragement and challenge to me!

Together, we are leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. I will serve long days and endure any amount of pain to serve with these people to accomplish this purpose!

Thank You!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home