Thursday, December 27, 2007

What an Amazing Christmas!

Here are some reflections from the past few days:

- I'm sure that it could have been better, but I'm not sure how! It all began with Christmas eve Services. We had 5 services and we saw life change at all of them. A total of 19 people made decisions for Christ and many of those were first time decisions to become followers of Christ!

- With all of the illnesses floating around it was God's provision that everything went as well as it did. Adrienne had no voice, and Greg's voice barely hung on until the end. I'm not sure of the final count, but my guess is around 3,000 people. The message was a clear presentation of the Good News of Christ. Anthony's testimony was powerful!

- We gave our families the NLT 1 year Bible and asked them all to read through it with us this next year. I can't wait to see what we all learn! As Palm Valley Church does this together, I can't wait to see what impact it has on our community.

- We were able to see nearly all the members of both families over the weekend. It was very cool to have 34 people at our home for dinner on Christmas. We really missed those who couldn't be here, especially my sister and brother in Colorado and their families.

- We had a great time launching rockets in the back yard. Not having neighbors made it a lot safer, though one did end up on the roof!

- It was crazy but fun in the office today. I had some great conversations with people today. There was also an opportunity to stretch my faith as well.

- Tomorrow I go in for my 2nd epidural injection. I'll be out most of the day. I'm nervous about this one since it will be the first time we have done it in my neck. I know that God is in control, it's just the not knowing how I will respond to the shot that has me a bit anxious.

I hope you had a great Christmas too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home