Friday, December 21, 2007

"Fun" Day Off!

Friday is my day off. I typically plan some down time and a nap. For the next four Fridays (Beginning today), I'll really be getting some rest!

This morning I went in for an epidural shot in my lower back. I have a torn disc and the pressure and pain just gets overwhelming at times. The shots help for a while. I also have arthritis in my neck from a previous break. So, for four weeks in a row, on Friday mornings, I'll be going in for shots, alternating each week between my low back and my neck.

The shots are done with live X-ray and they put me out while they do it. I wasn't sure what to expect recovery wise today since it's been a couple of years since my last shots and I have a different Dr. doing them now. I figured that I would be sleepy for a while and a little sore, but I was wrong!

For most of the day I could barely make to the bathroom on my own. I was very weak and my legs were like Jell-O. This evening is better, but I am worn out after doing anything, and I'm having a hard time focusing and getting comfortable in any position. Somewhat frustrating, but it is what it is. Now that I know what to expect, I will be better mentally prepared for the next three weeks. Unfortunately there will only be bowl games for the next two!

Since my legs were so weak from the shot in my lower back, I wonder what it will be like after the shot in my neck. Maybe I won't be able to hold my head up. Have you ever seen a bobble-head pastor?

Thank you to those who knew what was happening and were praying!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home