Monday, December 31, 2007

Route 66 - The Best of Both Worlds!

In less than three hours 2007 will be over! I am so excited about what's ahead for 2008!

I grew up a car guy, and while I have never driven the entire Route 66, I've been on parts of it and am keenly aware of the heritage it represents. I love cars, old and new, and a broad variety of styles. I like trucks too, especially old ones that have been restored. I love racing (most types), and used to race (primarily endurance Karts). I like working on cars, though there's not a lot a guy can do on a newer car. The boys and I just changed the brakes on Caleb's car and on Paige's car. So, I'm totally into the Route 66 theme that Palm Valley Church has chosen for our "Year of the Bible.

I totally love the Bible! I am amazed every day that God reveals something new to me that I can immediately apply to my life. The power of the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth is a certain drawing card. Think of the Bible as a collection of mentors who have written for us to gain wisdom for life, to teach us about God, and to provide a road map for us to follow as we enter and grow in our relationship with Him. It is a living document, though the words do not change. Sixty-six books. The Route 66 wasn't named for the number of books in the Bible, but the journey is the same.

Beginning tomorrow morning, we begin our adventure. I hope you will join us! You can follow along by going to http://www.pvcroute66.com/ . I'll be blogging here as well about where we are in the Bible, and where we are on the old Route 66. Come enjoy the ride!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home