Sunday, June 24, 2007

Daniel Conner

Daniel Conner spoke in services this weekend and really brought it! If you don't know him, you should take the time to get to know him. I have the privilege to watch him grow and mature as a pastor. My office is right next to his. Like a lot of us, he began in student ministry. Not that God had bigger plans, but God had other plans (I don't view Student Ministry as a stepping stone to becoming a "real" pastor - If you work with children or students, it doens't get any more "real" than that!). Daniel now oversees our care/compassions ministries here at Palm Valley Church. He is also leading us in our missions and outreach. It's fun to watch the energy, vision, and passion that he brings. I am excited to see where these ministries grow to under his leadership.

This weekend he spoke on serving and did great. I don't know if he has preached much, but it was obvious that he was letting God speak through him (especially during the 9:00 service this morning).

I remember my first sermon. It was in Mexico on a mission trip. I was in high school. I was so nervous I though I would be sick to my stomache. My youth pastor told me something that I will never forget. He said that when I am not nervous to handle God's Word is when I shouldn't speak. He was talking about the heart attitude and the power of God's Word. I also like what I heard from Greg, that when ego walks onto the stage, God walks off. That is so true! Speaking and teaching God's Word is humbling. This weekend, I heard and saw daniel and I could tell that ego wasn't on stage.

Way to go Daniel!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home