Friday, January 19, 2007

Rain

Believe it or not, it's raining! Yup, here in Arizona. I know that's hard to believe, but I can see it for myself looking out the window. I see the splashes in the pool and the drips off the roof. Make a note of it. On Friday, January 19th, 2007, it rained in Goodyear, Arizona.

I love the rain when I can just sit and watch it. I don't know why, but it's mezmerizing. Perhaps it's because I see it so rarely. Maybe if I lived in Seattle or Portland I wouldn't enjoy it so much.

It's commical around here when it rains. It gets coverage like hurricanes do in Florida. A few drops and you would think world war three had started.

I love it when it rains except:

The downside of rain is that no work is getting done on our house today. So, for that, I wish it would rain on the weekend.

I don't want it to rain on the weekend because we are a portable church and setting up in the rain isn't good.

I don't like it to rain when I have to go out in it to run errands. Jacket on, jacket off, umbrella out, umbrella in, slick roads, stupid drivers.

Perhaps it could rain only at night, on weekdays, between the hours of midnight and four am. It would be much more convenient, except for those who work at night. Then again, I wouldn't ever get to see rain because I really prefer to be sleeping during those hours.

I guess I'll just have to leave it up to God (as if He needs to check with me when He decides to make it rain). Since God is perfect, and His perfect will is best for us all, I'll just enjoy the rain, when it comes, because it is from Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home