Monday, January 08, 2007

Vision

Vision - It's easy to have, but not so easy to pass on to others! The Bible says that without vision, the people parish. I love the title of a book I read in college that says, "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up someplace else."

Getting others to grasp and embrace the vision God has given you is the essential part of leadership. It is also the most difficult part of leadership I believe.

I have realized that I need to do a better job in this area. I know where I want my ministry teams to go, but they don't. I can't lead them if I don't bring them with me! It's so true that if you say you are a leader, but turn around and find that no one is following, than you're not really a leader.

To focus more on this, I'm planning to begin doing these things this year.

1. Meet with my teams once per quarter to hear from them, and share vision.
2. I am also planning an update note of some type every month.
3. I will also pray more for the teams in this area.
4. Continue to pray for God to continually update and clarify the vision He has given me.
5. Re-read some great leadership books I have, and read a couple of new ones. Some are actually secular business management books, but they are right on when it comes to leadership in general and easily applicable to leadership in the church. I'll blog on them as I read them.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home