Monday, January 01, 2007

Day Trippin'

On Thursday, Paige and I spent the day together driving the Apache Trail. It was really cool, especially since about 20 miles of it is dirt road! We had a picnic lunch at Apache Lake and had a snowball fight while it snowed on us just outside of Miami (AZ) on the way home. Yes, it snows in Arizona!

We saw a lot of great places to go day hiking in the spring. We had some fries and hot chocolate at Tortilla Flats (I know, odd combination, but it tasted good).

Seeing Roosevelt Lake and dam was cool. I had no idea that it was so big.

We saw some cave dwellings too.

Definitely a trip I would recommend, but on a clear day. I really wanted a good look at the Superstition mountains, but the low clouds from the storm we were having didn't allow us to see more than about half way up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home