Saturday, January 13, 2007

House update

This week the footings have been poured and the stem walls are going up. We almost had a huge problem that Steve caught on one of his trips out to the land. They forgot to set up for the rear garage door and entry door on the workshop garage. Fortunately, it was before the concrete was poured, so it was an easy fix.

We're meeting with the plumber today to review the rough plumbing so that I can get going on that this next week.

We got the quote on the windows. We decided to go with Low "E" vinyl, dual pane, argon filled. The extra cost should pay off in lower energy costs.

I was working on getting a garage door quote yesterday. We should get a pretty good deal since we are getting 5 for our house and 2 for Steve's. We got a great deal on openers when Lowe's was closing out some and dumped the price to $22.50 each. My neighbor was there at the time and bought a lot of them. They're exactly the type of opener I want. They sell for $225 each normally. He was selling them for 150 but I got them for 100 each (he found the deal, and I have no problem with him making some money off of them, I'm still getting a great deal).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home