Monday, November 20, 2006

Teamwork

I love to say when I am asked about my job that I have the greatest job on earth. I rally believe that. As the Pastor to New Believers, I get to serve people who are new and excited about their faith. How cool is that!

I also want to say though, that for every job I have had in the church (paid or unpaid), I would descibe it the same way. I would hope that every person that serves God would feel this way. When I was a Youth Pastor, an Associate Pastor, Pastor of Small Groups, Jr. High Director, Elder, and all the other stuff I've been called (not all good) in 20 years of ministry I have said that I have the greatest job on earth.

If everyone has that view (not in a arrogant way) then the church will have the greatest team on earth! It was evident at Palm Valley Church last night. We had an event with some leaders of the church to show them what's ahead for our building plans. It took everyone, some doing things not in their "job description" to pull off the evening. Sure there were things that didn't go right, but the people who came didn't notice. That's what happens when good teams work together. Everyone can have the greatest job on the earth, and put together you have the greatest team on Earth. I think we do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home