Friday, November 17, 2006

The End Is Near!

No, I'm not talking about the end of the world, I'm talking about the NASCAR season. This Sunday's race will be the last until Daytona in February :-( I think Jimmy Johnson will win the cup, but I'll still root for Dale Jr. The next couple of months are pretty dry for me sports wise. Soon the only sports on will be pro football and pro basketball (There's too little hockey on TV! I'll have to blog on that sometime.). I'll watch, but I'm not a huge fan of either sport. I like a good game as much as the next guy. I guess I'm a Sun's fan (In CA I guess I was a Laker's fan) but that's because I'm rooting for the home team. Anyway, back to NASCAR. It's been a good season except for Tony not making the chase. I'm not a huge Stewart fan, but he is a great driver and I think the chase is lacking without him. I think one thing they could do to make the chase better is to remove the cars 2 laps or more down if there is a caution with less than 10 laps to go. That would keep guys racing for 30th from taking out the guys racing for the top ten. I think they should do this season long, not just the chase races. They should simply freeze that part of the field in the positions they are in. I also think they should go back to the cars having to be the same as what is sold to the public (at least the skin anyway). That would force the manufacturers to make cars that are aerodynamic, handle better, and get better mileage. The engines should also be injected. No one sells a car with a carb anymore and haven't for several years. They should also use the same octain fuel that is available to the public. These changes would slow the cars down for a while, and make for better racing. One last thing. As much of a traditionist as I am, I love that Toyota is coming to cup next season. How long before Honda gets here? It will force the big three to be more creative. Besides, I think we get more American made Toyotas here than we do from the big three, so which car is more American?

As for the End being near, I'll just say that I've read the story and God wins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home