Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NASCAR

I saw the first haulers in town yesterday. Most will arrive today for this weekends NASCAR races at PIR. I will only be going to Sunday's race. I should get there about the time the green flag drops. I love racing, but won't miss church for it. Especially right now. So many God things are happening at church I want to be there to see what He does next.

Jr. is still my favorite driver, but I like most of them. I am liking Denny Hamlin more and more. Jr. got my support somewhat by inheriting it since I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. Before that I was (and will always be) a Richard Petty fan.

One reason I'm looking forward to this race is some good friends are coming from Cali to go with Paige and I. Ray and his family are coming. Tyler is a huge Stewart fan. So much so his room has been pictured on the fan club web site. My friend Greg will be coming too. I can't wait to see how he is doing. He lost his wife not long ago. I can't imagine how my life would be changed if I lost Paige, and don't want to think about it. I think Greg's loss drove home for me the fact that we aren't promised tomorrow and I want Paige to know how much I love and appreciate her every day. These guys have been my friends for over 15 years. I can't wait to see them!

Today will hopefully be a quiet day since most of our staff are out of town. Tonight is our last meeting of the New Believer's Growth Group that's been meeting at our house. While I'll miss these people, it will be great to spend some time with our regular Home team in the coming weeks. We'll start a new group at our house in late January.

Back to NASCAR. Jr. still has a shot at the title, but I almost hope Jimmy Johnson gets it. He's been runner up enough. If he ends up 2nd again this year that would be so frustrating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home