Wednesday, November 15, 2006

With you or without you!

In my personal Bible study I finished Ruth and am now reading 1st Samuel. One thing that I have noticed is that God will accomplish His purposes with you or without you. It will go much better for you if He is able to do it with you. I was reading about God's desire to fulfill promises through certain people, but those people chose to go their own way and not follow God. When that happened, God found someone who was willing to be used by Him and accomplished His plan through that person instead.

It made me think about the church and individual Christians (Including myself). If I don't do what God has called me to do, He will find someone else who is willing and will accomplish His purposes through them. If that happens, bad things happen to me. Look at what happened to the Israelites in the Bible. Every time they chose to do their own thing, God used others to accompllish His purposes.

I'm not saying God is mean. God is truly just. His purposes are good, Holy, and perfect. It only makes sense to get on board and stay on board. I strive every day to know Him better and better so that I understand more fully His will and purposes for my life. I want Him to accomplish His purposes with me, how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home