Thursday, November 23, 2006

Real Pain

My body hurts all the time because of a neuro-musculer disease that I suffer from. Some times the pain is excrutiating. Tuesday night I learned what real pain is. After a trip to the ER it was discovered that I have a kidney stone. It's only 2mm, but that little rock causes absolutely crippling pain. Last night I was feeling pretty good, so I thought the stone had past and I was just a little sore and tired from the ordeal.

Boy was I wrong! Today is Thanksgiving, and I truly am thankful for so many things that God has done and continues to do in my life. Paige's family was gathering had her mom & dad's house for dinner. It was all I could do to go, and stay a few hours. It seemed like an eternity! Not because I was at the in-laws (I really do love them!), but because I was and still am in so much pain. I'm drinking so much water I think I could fill a pool (but I won't).

It's a good thing I'm off for a couple of days, because I can't function on the medications that I'm on. I couldn't even drive today and I really hate that!

I am also thankful for the many prayers and phone calls that I've received. God is great and His people care! If you aren't in a church or in a small group, I strongly encourage it. It's great to have people that you can do life together with. When you fall they help you up, and when you're sick, they care for you.

Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home