Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday or Wednesday?

My dreams and early morning thoughts focused on the things I needed to get done "today" and lementing that I didn't get some things done yesterday. I was in the shower when I realized that today is Tuesday, not Wednesday. What a welcome relief! It felt like getting an extra day in my week. Even better, I didn't have a couple of meetings today that I thought I was going to have, so I have been able to get a lot done. The newfound "extra" time will allow me to get started on a couple of projects I want to work on. It has also allowed me to finish up some loose ends on some others. A couple things coming up are appreciation dinners we will be hosting for two of the ministries I lead. It will be a great time to show appreciation for the volunteers in these ministries. One ministry, the Fresh Start Coaches, has such impact in the kingdom. These people are on the front lines of leading new believers toward growth in their faith. The numbers are God sized. New believers are everywhere and these people help to guide them into two groups I lead that equip them for their faith journey.

I finished studying the book of Joshua in my devotions this morning. Two things jumped out. First, Joshua's bold statement that, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" is such a great battle cry to rally the people to follow the one true God and Him alone. As the people looked back at all God had done for them, how could anyone not be able to joyfully make this statement? Second, there was peace in the Middle-East! When was the last time there was peace there?

I heard today that we are days away from closing on the construction loan to build the new house. Yes, I've heard that before, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. I can't wait to get going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home