Monday, November 27, 2006

I AM

Somewhere in my dreams I was thinking about Christmas. Not about presents, but about history. I was wondering when Christmas began. Yes, I know it began with the birth of Christ, but I'm talking aobut the celebration of Christ's birthday. We never see in the Bible anyone celebrating Jesus' birthday. You would have thought that the people with Him would have made a big deal about it, but they didn't. At least they never recorded it if they did, which I think would be odd.

I think the reason they didn't celebrate His birthday was because they realized that since He is God, he doesn't really have a birthday. He has always been and always will be, so there isn't a birthday! If we want to celebrate something, we should celebrate everyday that it is "I Am day"! God created everything for His pleasure and we should celebrate Him for who He is and for what He has done. He is the great "I Am" and everyday belongs to Him.

There isn't anything wrong with celebrating Christmas. I certainly will be. It's a great way to get our focus on the gift God gave us through Jesus. We need to remember that it isn't really His birthday, but a day to celebrate God humbling himself by becoming a man for our sake.

Every day is I AM day, so celebrate Him every day in everything you do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home