Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Politics: I Love Gay People!

I am as uncomfortable around a gay couple as I am around a married couple who are over the tip in their public make-out sessions. Jesus called us to love all people, not just the ones that we are comfortable around. I am not condoning the sin of any extra-marital sexual activity regardless of who is doing it, or with whom they are doing it. Jesus showed his love to a prostitute. I don't know if he was uncomfortable or not, I suspect not, but he is our example.

I am glad that Palm Valley Church is a safe place for anyone to come to find Jesus. I know that there have been and probably are some attending who have or are practicing the homosexual lifestyle. Like any other sinful behavior, they need to see the love of Jesus and learn to follow him in their actions.

Several states have ballot measures for a constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between one man and one woman, and nothing else. Several have argued that the government doesn't belong in the bedroom. I am quite sure that most don't really believe that. Greg made a create comment in the message this weekend that the government is already in the bedroom. It is already illegal to have sex with animals, and with children. These acts are seen as outside acceptable norms for society. If you look at history, defining marriage as anything other than one man and one woman is moving outside acceptable norms for a society. No culture has survived once they removed this stipulation.

I read in the paper today something that I hadn't thought of. If alternate forms of marriage are made the law, would pastors be forced to do them or face lawsuits or ultimately jail? I think that we would be a long ways from that, but it would be a possibility. I think that you would have a lot of poor pastors (like that isn't the case now!), or a lot of pastors in jail!

Protecting marriage isn't forcing religion on others. It is protecting decency in our society. Those who live alternate lifestyles already have protections available to them. They are only being denied what is preserved for others. Life isn't fair or equal, just like 17 year olds can't vote and 14 year olds can't drive.

Support for marriage doesn't mean that I don't love gay people. I believe that their lifestyle is sin, but they are sinners, like me, in need of a savior, who is Jesus Christ.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10/28/2008 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to feature you blog on www.GayAgenda.com. Please check the site out and let me know.

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home