Thursday, October 02, 2008

Who Do You Love Most?

It should be an easy question, "Who do you love most?" Of course, the "Christian" answer is God. I thought that would be my answer too, but now I'm not so sure.

In the men's Bible study group I attend on Thursday mornings we are studying Psalm 119 and the impact that God's Word should have on our lives. One thing that came up today was where we place our love for the Bible in our list of things that we love.

The quick response of course is that we love the Bible, God's Word, more than anything else. Really?! The reality check comes when I put it up against my wife. I love my wife. Do I love her more than I love the Bible? Would I rather spend time with her than in the Word? I'm not saying that we should choose one or the other, but I am saying that we need to make sure that our priorities are correct and that if a choice has to be made, we would choose wisely.

When life gets hectic and events and circumstances crowd your schedule, whose time gets reduced, time with your spouse, or time with God in His Word?

I honestly can't think of a time that I have ever told my wife to wait while I finish my time in the Bible. In fairness to myself, I don't know that the situation has ever come up, but I think that I would probably choose wrongly!

I love the Bible, and one of the greatest joys of my life is helping others to fall in love with it as well. My hope is that I fall in love with it more myself!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home