Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Navy Has Arrived in Arizona!

OK, not the whole Navy, but one particular Navy Seal. Yesterday I had the privilege to pick up Chris from the airport and help him surprise his family with an unexpected visit. He shared with me how many people, when told he was heading to Arizona, asked him if he knew that we don't have an ocean here.

Chris has spent time in my home. He is a friend of Josh's, and he accepted Christ here at Palm Valley Church. He attended a New Believer Growth Group in my home and was baptized here. His father accepted Christ and was baptized at PVC too.

Chris is now in the Navy, going through Seal training. He told me that he may soon be sent to Iraq. There isn't much waterfront in Iraq, but I guess they make the most of it! As we drove, he shared his experiences and assured me that he is still strong in his faith. He shared the many ways his faith has been challenged, and how Satan had tried to convince him that he wasn't doing what God wanted him to do, and how he overcame those thoughts.

I am so proud of him! I am certainly proud that he is serving our country, but more importantly, he is serving God in what he does, and there is nothing more worthy than that, no matter what the job is!

It is such a privilege to get to see how this young man has grown in Christ. Praise God!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home