Monday, September 15, 2008

O Ye of Little Faith!

Early last week we only had two people signed up for our next New Believer Growth Group which begins Wednesday, September 17th. I sent an email to a couple of leaders asking them to think and pray with me about moving it back a couple of weeks.

I no sooner than hit the send button that the Holy Spirit nailed me for my lack of faith! People usually sign up at the last minute for these groups, so why was I giving up? I began to pray, first for forgiveness, then for God to bring people who wanted to grow in Him.

Every day since, we have had people sign up. How cool is that! Add to that the fact that we had 11 people come to the Fresh Start table after just the 8:30 and 10:00 services!

God continues to move in a big way around here and I just need to remember that the best place for me to be is on my knees. I need to continue to learn to trust the Holy Spirit's leading. When he leads us to set a launch date for a group, I need to trust that he will take care of who will be coming.

Praise God for his faithfulness!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home