Monday, June 23, 2008

Goin' Down Memory Lane

I'm going through my bookshelves and getting rid of a lot of books from my early ministry days and youth pastor days. It brought up a lot of memories, mostly good. I also ran across a three inch notebook filled with a project I did for ONE of my master's degree classes. Looking through it I couldn't believe how much work that was, and that it was only for one class. Looking through it I could easily see how much different we do church here at Palm Valley Church. I'm sure that there are still plenty of churches that function the way the church I analyzed eighteen years ago did, but PVC certainly isn't one of them, and our community is better for it.

I even found some magazines from my Kart racing days with pictures of me at Ontario Motor Speedway where we ran an exhibition for the California 500 Indy car race. Boy does that bring back a lot of memories! That was back in the late 70's - man, I am getting OLD! It was cool to see the picture of my niece Jennifer with her "Lewis Brothers Racing" t-shirt on (she was about 1 - totally cute!). Those were good times, except for the fact that neither God, nor Paige, were in my life at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home