Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ministry to New Believers - Correcting a Mistake

I was wrong. I know that comes as a shock, but I made a mistake this past weekend that I have already taken steps to correct going forward.

This past weekend we had our Fresh Start Class. Usually we off the class on Saturday and on Sunday. In the past, once we added a Saturday night class, we offered the Saturday class every other month. This past fall, we added a second Saturday service. For Fresh Start, we began offering the class two times each month, and on Saturday once per month. This proved too often to have more than one or two in the class, so we went back to once per month with both Saturday and Sunday classes.

With the beginning of summer here, I thought I would pull back the Saturday class and in June and July, only offer the Sunday class. I got an email this last week from someone who attends Saturday night and works on Sundays. She wanted to attend the FS class. The Holy Spirit convicted me. Even though sometimes no one comes to the Saturday night class, we need to offer it every month, especially since we now have two services.

Yesterday I made sure that we added the Saturday classes to the calendar. One major reason we have Saturday services is because some people can't attend on Sunday. If they can't attend on Sunday, then they can't come to a class then either! This is a good lesson to learn. We can't offer things when we want, we need to offer things when they are needed.

From now on, we will offer both the Saturday and Sunday class each month. Lesson learned.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/16/2008 2:16 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

It's a hard lesson to learn sometimes but I'm glad you were able to fix it. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much. You're doing a great job working with these new believers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home