Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Update

OK. Here's an update on, well, everything!

Devotions: I'm going through Isaiah right now. Just read about his calling to be a prophet. I love the passage (Isaiah 6:1-8). The one thing, ok more than one thing, but stay with me on this, that I don't understand is the smoke mentioned in verse 4. What's the smoke from, and what is it's purpose? Hmmm

Health: We tried a local restaurant and about an hour later my body went into rebellion. I was wishing for God to take me most of the day. I was "up" to an upset stomach on Sunday, and pretty well over it on Monday. In general, I have felt surprizingly well, even with the move (though I have been mostly good and not been lifting things). The fatigue is still the toughest part.

I know that I need to lose weight, so I am praying about this. Not whether I need to or not, but how to do it. It's hard for me to work out consistently because of my health. Diets are hard because I either feel like I am starving, or I hate the food. I'm sure that God will guide me on this. My goal is to be down twenty pounds by Christmas.

Church: PVC rocks! We have had so many visitors at our "low" time of year, and people keep coming to Christ and lives are being changed, even when the message isn't "evangelistic". Greg is back (sort of, he's gone again this week), and sounds rested.

The nursery was crazy full this week with about 36 kids. I'm not sure who's idea it was, but a few staff members that were available went and helped. It was great, but I couldn't do it every week without a direct intervention from God. We need more men to serve in the nursery! Nothing against the women, they do an awesome job! I say this because the boys that they were having trouble keeping happy perked right up as soon as I sat with them and started making car and airplane sounds with them. It's a guy thing! It's amazing that we just seem to be wired that way.

We had 5 at the Fresh Start Class. I need to add a class in August because several coudn't come who wanted to, and so many lives are being changed right now.

House: We're in!!! I'll have pics soon. I hired movers to move about 95% of our stuff. Wise choice! It is so cool, but it will be even better once we get window coverings.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home