Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Random Thoughts

Since it's been a little while since my last entry, I thought I would share some random thoughts.

House:
It can be so frustrating! We are scheduled to move in this Friday. There is so much to do (but it's looking great!) Paige is doing such a great job with all of the packing. She is such an amazing woman, and I am so blessed that she is my best friend and my wife!

Vacation:
We had a great time in Sedona. We didn't do much, which was the whole point. It was hot during the day, but cooled off at night. There's something wrong with going to where it's 109 to cool off!

We discovered that we could watch fireworks from three locations from our pool at the Palm Valley House. We're going to miss the pool and living on the golf course!

Church:
It was great to have Greg back speaking this week. It was great! There were a lot of visitors and a lot of changed lives!!! The Fresh Start Team is awesome!

Video scripts for Connecting Point are done! Discussion guides will be done soon. I hope that we can begin shooting video soon. It has taken me much longer than I wanted to get this far. A number of factors have contributed to that. I can only work hard and trust in God's timing.

Personal:
I had some shots in my foot this last week to try easing some pain. I'm not sure what hurt worse! I am extra tired right now, I think a combination of things.

Sometimes I still struggle with how much I am able to accomplish during a day. I used to be such a workaholic (it's good that I have overcome that part), but I still wish I could put out more effort some times. I'm only 47 and hope I'm not past my prime. The battle rages to completely trust God every moment of each day, vs. trying to do more than He has me doing right now. I am learning to be content in another area of my life, but it's hard. There is so much I want to do, but physically can't. I have to learn that innability to do things I used to do, while on the surface look like less effort, is becoming different effort.

I do know that I won't build a house again! It has taken too much energy away from what I really love which is ministry. My energy is limited and I hate that in the past three months especially it has been divided. Fortunately, I have still been able to dream and hear from God about where ministry needs to grow.

I'm studying through Isaiah right now. I wonder how much he and other prophets understood about what they were writing?!

I'm also studying the book "Good to Great" with our staff. It's a great book. It challenges most of what I learned in business. I'm really looking at how it applies to me personally and to the church.

I know it's been random, but I needed to get some thoughts down.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home