Sunday, July 01, 2007

Darius Sanders

OK, since I got sappy with Daniel, I need to get sappy with Darius too. Daniel spoke on worship today and was outstanding. At first, I didn't think of Darius as the one to speak on worship. Not because I didn't think he was capable, but at that moment, I was thinking of worship in terms of music.

Darius spoke on worship as a lifestyle and explained how it could be practiced throughout the day. He was funny, had great illustrations and was dead on with the use of Scripture. That wasn't the best part.

When I think of worship in the context of lifestyle. I can't think of anyone I know that lives a life of worship more than Darius. The example he sets is truly worthy of emulation because it is the Master Jesus Christ who he seeks to emulate himself. Obviously the perfect person to speak on the topic!

As our Student Ministries Pastor here at Palm Valley Church, his lifestyle of worship is probably missed by many of the students and parents that he serves. Most probably see it as a joyful spirit, which he has, but it is so much more. Darius has learned to live in the moment, taking full advantage and making the most of every opportunity God has provided him with (or hasn't provided him with).

Darius has grasped at a young age what matters most, giving our lives over to God to do with as He chooses. Now that he is a member of our Lead Staff Team, I look forward to seeing how his gifts and heart for living a life of worship impacts all that we do at PVC.

Way to lead by example and word 'D'!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home