Tuesday, July 24, 2007

House Update

Well, we've been in for over a week now and there's still plenty of boxes. I haven't even made it into the office yet!

The epoxy coating we put on the garage floors will be finished Thursday, so we can get cabinets put up in there and get the household stuff out of the shop. I already have several projects that I need to get going on, so it will be nice to get in there.

The big TV is in and the sound system is hooked up (partially). I have no clue how to get this going! I'm hoping that when the DTV guy comes on Thursday he will be able to help me get it figured out (It was supposed to be Monday, but that's a whole different story).

We still don't have any idea when we will have a phone or internet access, so if you need to reach us, call our cell phones, or call me at the Palm Valley Church office. If you send me an email, it may take a day or two to respond (for Paige it will be a little longer).

I got the reverse osmosis system working as well as it's going to work. Tonight I will put in the whole house filtration system. I'll put in the water softener this weekend.

Steve and I tried digging holes for the mail boxes and basketball hoop, but found rocks in every hole we tried to dig. I'm not sure how we're going to address the problem!

I'm alone at home tonight for dinner and for the evening, so hopefully I can get a lot done (I need to get some reading done too).

Yesterday afternoon we had our first major dust storm hit. Afterward, we had to go retrieve one of the patio table chairs from down the road (the rest we were able to pull inside before the blew too far away). It will be nice when there are other homes and landscaping to minimize the amount of dust and dirt.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7/28/2007 12:47 AM , Blogger Derrick Logan said...

It's gotta feel good to be in the house! Let me know if you need some help with the home theater stuff, I may be able to help!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home