Monday, January 29, 2007

God is Good all the Time

God is always good and worthy of our praise.

I'm home sick today. I went to the office this morning and lasted all of 5 minutes. My insides are rebelling. There's no fever, but man do I feel lousy! I hate being sick. I'm such a big baby. Paige was working today so she wasn't here to play nurse (darn it!). I really hope I'm better tomorrow, I need to be, at least in my thinking, it's really up to God and I really hope His plan is for me to be well tomorrow, I'm sure praying for it.

This week I'll be leading two New Believer Growth Groups at our home. Tuesday's group starts this week and should have about 8-10. The Wednesday group started last week with 18. It is really awesome to see God working in the lives of new believers. It stretches me, invigorates me, and grows my faith. Thursday night I'm meeting with the Fresh Start team and I can't wait. These guys and gals serve as coaches for our new believers and they rock! I'll blog more about them another time.

This weekend Greg started a new series at Palm Valley called Dangerous Church. He rocked! Paige's cousin was visiting Saturday night and he commented how much he like it and how much he like Greg's honesty and willingness to say what needed to be said. One thing he asked inteh message was when was the last time you trusted God for something really big? You know, something that only God could accomplish. That's was easy for me to answer. Last Friday was a really hard day. Josh (the most faith filled 7 year old I've ever known) was fighting for his life. He even coded once. I prayed hard that day and so did many others. It was really hard to see him that day. God chose to preserve his life. Truly a miracle. The dr's even admitted it. I trusted, and so did others, that God would save this child. He is doing better. He has a ways to go, but God's power is evident in his little life.

I know I've been rambling a bit, you can blame the illness, but I also wanted to share this link:
http://www.coolchurches.com/articles/nascar.html
I got this from a link from a link from a link from a blog that I read. This guy isn't a NASCAR fan, but he does a good job connecting some really good lessons from racing to the church.

Last thing, the house is temporarily ahead of schedule. The foundation will be poured this week, but the framers can't come until the end of February. OK, my stomach is telling me it's past time to stop. I've decided to start devoting one day a week to blogging about ministry to new believers (not that I'm an expert, but I've learned some things that might be helpful to others), so stay tuned.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home